The mission of the UF Diabetes Center of Excellence is to improve the lives of people with diabetes through care, education, advocacy and research. The Center’s faculty and staff:
- Conduct cutting-edge research in the pathogenesis, prevention and cure of type 1 diabetes
- Assure access to comprehensive clinical services in a caring environment to meet the needs of patients and their caregivers
- Utilize state-of-the art diabetes management technologies
- Provide education to health professionals about diabetes
- Support public policy and advocacy initiatives to ensure that people with diabetes live to their full potential.