Our Mission of Excellence
The UF Health Diabetes Center of Excellence unites clinical care, research, education and advocacy to provide a comprehensive program that works to improve the lives of people living with diabetes. The pediatric and adult clinics are dedicated and committed to caring for people with diabetes, emphasizing prevention and evidence-based diabetes management. The education self-management programs teach patients to take control of their diabetes and long-term diabetes-related complications, enabling them to lead healthy lives. The UF Health Diabetes Center of Excellence is a leader in translational research aimed at predicting, preventing and reversing type 1 and type 2 diabetes. The center is home to multiple studies and trials supported by the NIH, JDRF and other funding agencies.
The mission of the UF Health Diabetes Center of Excellence is to improve the lives of people with diabetes through innovative clinical care, education, advocacy and research. Our dynamic team of caregivers includes board-certified pediatric endocrinologists, nurses, nurse practitioners, registered dietitians, certified diabetes educators, licensed clinical social workers, and medical assistants. We are working everyday to:
- Conduct cutting-edge research in the pathogenesis, prevention and cure of type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes;
- Assure access to comprehensive clinical services in a caring environment to meet the needs of type 1 and type 2 diabetes patients and their caregivers;
- Utilize state-of-the-art diabetes management technologies;
- Utilize a variety of novel research programs in adults with type 2 diabetes and its complications;
- Provide education to health professionals about diabetes wellness and prevention;
- Support public policy and advocacy initiatives to ensure that people with diabetes live to their full potential and reduce healthcare costs.